Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Flower Girls

This month's challenge from my ART 'n' SOUL group is to create a MIXED MEDIA PIECE with a VINTAGE THEME. I chose to make a postcard 6" x 4" all mounted on dark blue cardstock and it was to incorporate at least 2 (or all) of the following elements -


* A vintage image (stamped or printed)- I printed my image of the two girls onto paper.
* Paper collage - collaged it onto chipboard and triple embossed with interference blue.
* Some lace or ribbon or fabric - added beautiful piece of lace, left it uninked as made a nice contrast to the darker colours.
* A button or other embellishment - made vellum flowers with brads and coloured with matching ink
* Embossing or texture - painted the embossing folder with Lumiere Hi Lite Blue then ran through cuttlebug.

Thanks Viv I really enjoyed doing this challenge and will probably make something else as the month goes on.

No comments: