Friday, June 18, 2010

ACF 79th Challenge

This ATC was inspired by a photo of a jolly man dancing in wooden clogs from the Library of Congress. It was the clogs that took me back to my time spent living in Holland and the wonderful Dutch blue and white china tiles. First I painted the corners of the cardstock to look like some of the examples I found online. I then dipped the whole ATC in hot bees wax and immediately stamped my tulip stamp coated in versamark into the wax before it cooled. I let it rest for there for a about 30 seconds for the wax to set then used alcohol inks to highlight the tulip in the middle.

4 comments:

Jester said...

Paula, this is so beautiful. If you hadn't described your process I would've thought it was a tile!

vintage wil said...

Really beautiful work!!

Femmy said...

beautiful!!! love it!!

paulaexuk said...

Thank you ladies for your comments. It was fun doing a monochrome piece for a change and I do love using wax.