Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Silver Rose for MAMMA group


This is another ATC that I have done for this fortnight's MAMMA challenge to include at least one jigsaw piece on an ATC. I bought a reel of ribbon for a few cents at a garage sale that was so pretty and was exactly 2.5 inches wide. Perfect for an ATC. I covered 2 jigsaw pieces with the ribbon so that you can see what it was like originally. The background piece of ribbon I cut at 3.5 inches and covered with white tissue paper and gave a light coating of2 colours of Lumiere paints. I sewed along the lines in the pattern on the ribbon with gold thread and pearl beads, putting one too many beads for each stitch to create a wavy sprinkle effect. The areas where there are no jigsaw pieces are embossed with silver. I hope you like this ATC.

No comments: