Thursday, August 13, 2009

Matchboxes



I made these two matchboxes as presents for my mother-in-law and my aunt. They were made from a link kindly supplied by Gio on her blog thank you Gio and method from Thealie's blog thank you Thealie. Then they were covered with fabric paper made with napkins, with a contrasting colour of Lumiere scraped across each surface. The two drawer pulls were fixed with a brad (both were garage sale finds). The beads on the top of the pink box were threaded onto wire along with the angel charm and held in place with a large gold brad. I ran a line of sequins along each side of the box. The blue box has beads threaded onto wire along the sides and the crystals, dolphins charm and words were glued on with clear E6000.

The angel box is for my mother-in-law and I shall put two tiny embellished photographs of her identical twin great grandsons (the two tiny lights in my life)inside. The dolphin box is for my aunt and I shall put two tiny embellished photographs of her daughters inside. Two little surprises for Christmas Day.

No comments: