Friday, January 27, 2012

Tag Tuesday - Lace

All the tags that are being posted on these challenge are absolutely astounding, I am amazed at the talent and am sorry I don't have the time to comment on them all. This is my tag for entry into Tag Tuesday next week with a subject LACE. I wanted to do something using the emboss resist technique so here goes. Cardstock base was stamped with a Queen Anne's Lace stamp in several places over the base. the stamp had a border sound it and the words so I cut a piece of paper to mask the lines and words while I did this stamping. A bit tedious because each time I inked it I had to remove the paper mask. For the final stamped image I cut away the paper mask to reveal the words and I heat embossed both the design and edges with white powder. I then sprayed blue glimmer mist over the entire thing and quickly wiped away the blue spray from the design with a tissue. I made three tiny lace flowers on white wires to add at the bottom corner. White lace ribbon and fluffy white ribbon finish the tag.
Thank you for looking at my blog

1 comment:

Diana Taylor said...

I love this tag - it is so effective - like the flowers are being illuminated by the moon at night. I also love your vintage tag and like the fact that someone else is into burning paper (although I singe mine with the heat gun - haven't quite got brave enough to light matches!!!). Thank you for your kind comments on my tag, I have enjoyed browsing your blog and shall be back soon to see what other arty stuff you are doing (I also liked the pretty box you made for another challenge). Happy crafting!