Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Gift Box

I used an old box to make a template for this and cut it out of cardboard and covered it completely with a flecked blue paper. I scored the fold lines and ran an ink pad along the edges of the folds. I cut six pieces of flower pattern paper slightly smaller that each panel and then six pieces of white paper just a hairs width bigger that them. I mounted the flower panels on the white paper and then stuck them onto each side. The six corner swirls are die cut with a sizzix die out of plain dark blue cardstock and along with small pearls were also added to each face. I made some carnations out of coffee filters, just simple wavy edge circles cut with a nestability die, a brad in the middle, spritzed with water and each layer screwed up around the brad. I smooched some blue distress ink onto my craft mat, sprayed it with water and just dipped the edges of the flowers into it. The wet ink was drawn up randomly over the edges of the flowers. They are very pretty. Finally I stuck a large carnation onto one of the top fastening flaps.

No comments: