Sunday, November 20, 2011

Birthday Card

It is my mother in law's birthday on Christmas Eve and I wanted to make her a special card as she always tells me she needs nothing in the way of a present. This is a heavy card so I used cardboard from a cereal package for the base of the card and painted it with pink and white acrylic paints and stamped flowers in pink along the edge and across the pocket attached at the bottom. I crackle glazed the petals. The tag insert is heavy cardstock embossed with script and I took an old spoon and flattened the bowl and embossed it completely with holographic powder. I tied ribbons and net around the shaft and added some handmade flowers. Two strings of pearls gave the card the finishing touch.

1 comment:

lettrebleue said...

Beau et original.
J'aime beaucoup la petite cuillère !