Monday, November 21, 2011

ART'n'SOUL Group Swap


I have been absent here for quite some time too. The swap this month is:

1. Make a BOOKMARK with a VINTAGE/SHABBY CHIC theme AND include LACE somewhere on the project

2. You must make a Christmas themed tag to go with your bookmark - so your partners will receive a scrummy Christmas pressie bookmark wrapped with a nice Christmas tag

I made the base of the bookmark with a piece of corrugated cardboard that I tore part of the top layer off and covered with gesso to give it a shabby look. I die cut a piece of printed cardstock with an elegant 1920's lady on it to include the words "Mode and Feminine" to give it the chic element. I used the nestabilities dies so that I could cut a frame for the picture out of contrasting cardstock, I also cut a piece of this for covering the back of the bookmark. The addition of some cut out flowers from lace and some paper and bead flowers, that I sponged with ink to give an antiqued feel to the whole thing. Finally two strings of tiny pearls and a few random dew drop shaped pearls finish it off nicely. I hope my swap partner likes it and gets some good use out of it.

Now to make the Christmas tag.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I'm your swap partner Paula and yes, I love it!! Can't wait to see it for real!