Sorry for my long absence, so many letters to catch up on, had my hip replacement and been to England to stay for 6 weeks with my daughter and my grandsons, oh what fun we had. To continue on with my altered dictionary challenge over at The Craft Barn Blog HERE for the letter G I have painted a watercolour of a barn showing the gable end.
If you have time please look at my other letters below that I have finished so far, still got a few more to go but on my way.
U is for Urban Decay
Seen to much these days, I found this photo of what was once a splendid building. So far I it has not been painted with graffiti, so I added some of my own. My first ever attempt at this art form, and believe me it is not easy.
F is for Ferruginous
The colour of iron rust. Acrylic paints in black, rust red, yellow and orange brayered onto Tyvek and stuck to the pages to make the background. The same colours used to stencil across the bottom of the page. Two pockets torn from the painted Tyvek on the right side hold tags of red headed girls and the main picture on the left is matted onto blue cardstock and edged with gold marker.
K is for Knot
Love this photograph on the right of rope knots had to use it. 6 knots tied with cord and mounted on cardstock. Tried to get a nautical feel to the pages with the use of red, white and blue colours.
A is for Aquarium
Two zipper plastic bags filled with hair gel and placed on a mixture of blue sprayed background with stamped fish and ferns. Frames of cardstock hide the edges of the bags. The cheaper the hair gel the more bubbles you get in it.
W is for Wall
I removed a piece of from the keyboard of my computer which made a perfect stencil for the wall. First coated pages with gesso, printed a picture of poppies in a field (circle heads) and stuck it to the pages. Cut 3" circles from cardstock to mask the "hole" and masked an inch strip along the top with paper. Another coat of gesso over the whole page, let it dry. Keyboard mask down sprayed with watered down ink. Flower stamps coloured with Twinkling H2Os.
R is for Robin's-egg Blue
I chose Robin's-egg Blue for my letter "R". I used my water soluble oil pastels for the background, nest and eggs. Stamped an American Robin in brown Stazon ink and coloured it in with the oil pastels too. Die cut silhouette letters on robin's egg blue speckled paper backgrounds (though you can't see the paper clearly in my photo) finish my page.