Friday, September 7, 2012

Make My Monday


Been such a long time since I entered a piece on the challenge over at Make my Monday.  The theme this month is "Vintage" and the challenge this week is "Fashion".  The image I have used is cut from a Graphic 45 sheet. The ladies in their beautiful underwear look to me like they are from the 1920's and I am sure that the price of $1.95 for an "Ever Dainty" petticoat was quite a sum to pay back then.  I made a frame from white Brodraise Anglaise for the background then distressed and aged it with antique linen distress ink.  The mat for the photograph and sentiment is made from wax paper crinkled and then distressed with aged photograph ink. After I mounted the picture and sentiment I gave them both a coat of gel medium to give them a glossy appearance. I coloured some yellow string pearls and lace flowers with the same ink to colour co-ordinate all the objects.  This challenge can be found at http://mimchallegeblog.blogspot.com/

Apologies for my long absence but hopefully I am back into the swing of things.  Off to look at some of the wonderful work that is being put up here.

5 comments:

Jacqueline said...

A gorgeous card - very vintage. Thanks for joining in this week at MMM - Jacqueline xx

Mynn xx said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! LOVE the monochrome and the lace and bling are amazing! Thanks so much for joining us at MMM this week! :)

Val said...

Gorgeous card. Thanks so much for joining our challenge at MMM this week.
Valx

Cazro said...

A stunning card, so nice to see you back. I do like to see lace on a Vintage card. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card with us at MMM. Hope to see you again. Caz DT Team

Suzi B said...

thank you for joining us at MMM with htis fabulous vintage fashion card.
suzi b :)