Saturday, April 9, 2011

Church Birdhouse, Bat Cave and Woodpecker House



So as you can see I am hooked on making birdhouses. I made the Little Country Church birdhouse with the instructions from the same book and the Little Country Cottage house. The other two were from some other books I got from the library adapted to my style. The bat house cut a piece of wood into the shape of a bat to add to the top and the woodpecker house I added bark to the outside after varnishing the box with 3 coats of polyacrylic. The books I read said that the woodpeckers like a deep box that looks like a tree and if you add some wood chips inside it will encourage them to nest in it. Well here's hoping that I get some birds to nest in my boxes, and some bats to use their cave, with the mosquitoes here in the summer they will be a definite plus.

No comments: