Saturday, April 2, 2011

Art n Soul Challenge - Postcard with metal element

The challenge for this month is a 6" x 4" COLLAGED POSTCARD AND YOU MUST incorporate METAL somewhere. I printed one side of a piece of cardstock with the word Postcard at the center top and 4 lines for the address down the right half. For the front I took a piece of heavier cardstock, in fact a cereal package, and rolled pink, white and lilac acrylic paint in all directions across one side. I next stamped a pattern on this in a darker purple, unfortunately this does not show through the lace that I then covered the card with. Pink and purple flowers were then hot glued onto the right hand side of the card. I cut a piece of metal tape into a lattice pattern with my cuttlebug and stuck it to the right of the flowers. I stamped and embossed the word "ADORE" onto an oval piece of cardstock and edged it with pearls and flower ribbon. The front and back pieces are then glued together. Hope my swap partner likes my contribution.

No comments: