Monday, October 21, 2013

L is for Lace/Lacing (and more catch-ups)

L is for Lace/Lacing



I love using lace and this was a fine opportunity to go wild.  The tag on the left (you may have seen this before) has a photograph of a misty scene through the window with net curtains.  Lace edging for the pages and two line of lace in the center laced together with crinkle ribbon to reflect the ribboned lace on the undergarment of the lady on the far right.  Die cut swirls and leaves, paper flowers and paper lace finish it off.   Join in the challenge over at 
The Craft Barn HERE

O is for Op Art



I promise you the right hand page is perfectly flat.  Op Art, also known as optical art, was a 1960's style of visual art that made use of optical illusions, contrast and a precise, mathematically-based composition to trick the eye.

D is for Delft



I cut some thick card into a square and painted it with gesso then drew the corner patterns and circles in watercolour pencil.  I tried to coat the tile with a thin layer of wax but that didn't work too well so I stamped the ship in the center and coloured it with ship blue alcohol ink.  Some of the wax remains and gives it an old look.  White gesso pages of the dictionary are painted with an some old Delft patterns and I copied a makers mark from the bottom of an old Delft plate.

Thank you as always for looking and for your encouraging comments, I love looking at everyone's work and am constantly inspired by you all to try new techniques and projects.

10 comments:

SusanLotus said...

Beautiful beautiful!
I love what you did with the ribbon in the middle of the pages.

:)

Scrapmate said...

What a great selection of words you have chosen. I love the op art - so clever and the delft is beautiful too. I never thought of lace as an l word (duh!).

Elaine said...

Wow - well done on catching up. Some great lacing ideas. I was going to say I love your op art but that delft is gorgeous too. It's great fun this challenge!!

BJ said...

All super pages, love the feminine lacy page and my eyes definitely went wonky with the Op art and I have learnt a new word delft too. BJ

JansArtyJunk said...

All your pages are clever, but I particulary like your Lace one..beautiful...love what you did with the window aspect too.

buterfliecrafter said...

The lace page is beyond fab. And the optical illusion is crazy.

Maisie Moonshine said...

GREAT PAGES! MMx

carolfromkiwiland said...

Beautiful lace page. All the detail is gorgeous. The op art is crazy and the delft page very pretty. I'm still one page behind and practice procrastination every week, I need some of your determination.lol.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

So creative, wonderful catch-up, all your pages are fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Still catching up?
Love, love the little curtains for the first one!!
Thanks for playing
Izzy