Sunday, December 23, 2012

2012 Calendar Challenge - Embossing


For the final challenge over at The Craft Barn click here the technique is embossing.  Having sent out all my calendars I only had one left for me to make for myself so I chose to use heat embossing using Suze Weinberg's Cloisonne with Utee method, a favourite technique of mine.  This always give such a lustrous effect and is great for tags, centerpieces for a card, jewelry etc.  Firstly I swiped the cardstock with Versamark ink and sprinkled black Utee all over and melted it with my heat gun.  Two more layers gave a heavy coat thick enough for embossing well.  I dusted the black when cool with mica powders of various colour and reheated to melt them in.  While this was still hot I stamped the swirls with silver pigment ink.  Unfortunately my ink pad was rather dry so I enhanced the colours and the depth of the swirls with more mica powder.  The black Utee background really makes the mica pop.  A note pad added on the inside finishes off my calendar and the challenge.

I have thoroughly enjoyed making my twelve easel cards and I thank the team at The Craft Barn for setting this.  Off to enjoy the final pieces of my colleagues on the challenge.

3 comments:

Scrapmate said...

What a fab technique - I must try it. I love the effect of this page. Have a fab Christmas.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Wow, that's fantastic, great colors and texture.
I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Sylvia said...

A beautiful calendar, love the colours and embossing detail. Hope you had a good Christmas and new year.

Sylv x